Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hoops for little ones  (Read 1642 times)
betsyurven
« on: June 12, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »

At what age can I put my granddaughter into a hoop?  Then how do I make one?  I mean what is the formula for how long and how wide.  Thanks so much for any help.

Betsy
Marta Vincent
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »

I've seen extant photos of tots who can't be more than 2 or 3 in hoops; but the clothing was "over the top" high fashion, so I'd say not for your toddler unless you portray VERY wealthy.

As far as formulas... not my area of expertise.  It might involve math and that would give me hives... Shocked
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »

The tiniest hoops I've seen would fit a child of about 18 months, and you'll see little ones from middle class families in hoops, so I don't think I'd reserve it for just high fashion.

You'll have to scale down a LOT... it's going to depend on the child a lot. Don't go longer than knee length, and shoot for a diameter that's maybe 1/2 her height.

Regards,
Elizabeth
Ginger Lane
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:18 PM »

If she's small, you can get very close to the same effect with appropriately full skirt and petticoat. This is what an Economy Sized* 11-month-old looks like:

Sorry for the picture; I've got much better ones, but they're still on my camera.

*10.5 lb at birth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: