Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: braces?  (Read 1513 times)
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« on: December 23, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »

i haven't seen any recent posts about where to get them for boys.

~ Jennifer
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »

I'm not aware of anyone making really accurate ones for smaller boys (they look like men's braces, only bitty); boys over 5' tall can often use small men's braces.

Regards,
Elizabeth
Marta Vincent
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »

Kathy Yurkois can make them to order.  http://shop.originals-by-kay.com/product.sc?productId=1995&categoryId=130
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »

those are lovely!  i cannot stomach paying $70 for 2 pairs though Sad

~ Jennifer
Elaine Robeck
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »

James County Mercantile says they have boy's braces, but they do not show a picture. 

What we did was to buy men's braces.  They sold us a second set of the back leather pieces (that only has one button hole).  We then replaced the front leather pieces that would normally have two buttons with the extra back pieces.  With a single button in the front the scale was smaller and not so bulky.  My boys were probably 6 and 8 when we did this and they are still wearing them at 11 and 9.  We bought the braces at The Quartermaster's Shop in MI.
mmescher
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 07:00:50 PM »

An alternative to boys' braces is to put some buttonholes in the waistband, buttons on the shirttail, and button the shirttail to the trousers.  This also has the advantage of the shirttail staying tucked in.  We have a CDV that shows this arrangement and the front buttons are located about where suspenders would attach.  But, alas, there isn't any way to know the button location in the back.

Michael Mescher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: