Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESC drawers help!  (Read 1580 times)
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« on: September 27, 2013, 02:07:10 PM »

I just cannot get my mind wrapped around how these 4 pieces come together.  i'm a very visual learner and the words aren't coming together, lol. 

in my mind, the only way I can get them together is if they have 4 legs; obviously, that's incorrect.  maybe I cut them out wrong?  it says to cut 2, something about trimming?  no idea what that means.

can someone link to a photo guide?  or step-by-step descriptive instructions? 

thanks!

~ Jennifer
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »

Never mind, I just realized we're in the kids section. Smiley

Okay, I think where the confusion may have come in is that the pattern indicates the outer leg edge is actually cut on a fold, so the front/back drawers piece is actually one piece. Then you open up the drawers piece and trim down a bit of the front waist, so the drawers aren't toooo baggy in the front body depth.

If you cut the fabric apart along the outer leg edge (where the Cut on a Fold marking is), no worries! You can join those long cut edges back together with a narrow seam (1/4"), and keep going!

Does that help a bit? Could you upload or link to a snapshot of where you're at right now, and I'll walk you through?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:18:10 PM by Elizabeth » Logged

Regards,
Elizabeth
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

I have 1 piece of the front and the back {I think I need to cut another of each, I was cutting out pieces for both girls, it's a lot lol!}.  I cut them both on the fold.

it says to stich up the inseam, but I don't get where the inseam is... I don't understand how the front pieces and the back pieces come together. 

I know it's silly and probably ridiculously easy, I just cannot get the 3d image in my head, which is how I make everything.

~ Jennifer
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 02:28:31 PM »

maybe I've got it?

the front edge is lower than the back edge {waist edge}.

I've got it now.  I knew it was easy, lol.

thanks!

~ Jennifer
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 07:37:48 PM »

Sounds like you've got it!

Regards,
Elizabeth
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »

I tend to make things more complicated than they really are.  all I have left to do is the buttons and button holes.  i'm going to wait until after the dresses are done to add the tucks.  they are so cute, I can't stand it!

thanks for all the help!

~ Jennifer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: