That's an idea
I have a few questions about construction (I plan to draft the pattern myself, I usually do):
- the shoulders be dropped as in women's dresses?
- the shoulder seams be pushed toward the back?
- the back have shaped seams or be cut in one? Similar question about the front.
- it close (in the back) by hooks and eyes/bars?
- the skirt be simply hemmed, or faced?
Could the sleeves
- be cut on the bias (I hope to find a suitable check or plaid)
- have short oversleeves, or trim to imitate that, or would it be too girly?