Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shirt, Chemise, Petti-Chemise, Which one?! ESC pattern  (Read 1347 times)
RebeccaSuzanne
« on: July 15, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »

Im trying to conserve and be resourceful and Im looking for the construction of a petti-chemise in ESC's Infant patterns, but I dont know what to attach the petticoat to. Am I to attach the petticoat to the "shirt" pattern? If so, would it be better if the shirt was closed or open? Or do I attach the petti to the "Underdress"?

And then for the shirt, theres this huge flap. What is this? Do I hem the flap? What is its purpose?
Elaine Kessinger
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

The petticoat for a "petti-chemise" is attached to a piece called "flannels". It looks like a wrap dress.

The flap on the shirt covers the stays/flannels between the straps. Its purpose is to catch the drool and muck on a garment that is easily changed and cleaned.

Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »

There is no set of instructions for the pettichemise option in the current pattern (took that out about six years ago, as it was getting over-done for the era).

You can make up the basic chemise, very small, and add a waistband, with skirts right to that band.

Regards,
Elizabeth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: