Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinafore tucks?  (Read 1259 times)
chadderboxesmom
« on: June 20, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »

Dresses and drawers get tucks.  With all of the sewing one does to these pinafores, can their lives be extended by growth tucks as well? I can't find the answer and I just want to make sure before I make more.
Paula
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »

I can't recall seeing a pinafore with tucks either.  My girls tend to stain, rip or wear out their pinafores before they need growth room.  But that may be because I seem to be raising little monkeys rather than little ladies.
chadderboxesmom
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 04:12:11 PM »

My girls tend to stain, rip or wear out their pinafores before they need growth room.  But that may be because I seem to be raising little monkeys rather than little ladies.
  Grin LOL

I have her pinafore from last year and while it is a bit dirty she can still use it to get REALLY dirty. I was just going to add a bit of length for a faux growth tuck or two lol.
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:36:27 PM »

Non-tucked pinafores seem to be pretty standard for everyday use at mid-century. It's the whole "death of fabric" thing... they do tend to be spoiled before they're outgrown, and if they're a smidge short, who cares?

Regards,
Elizabeth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: