Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Boys Shirt Pattern?  (Read 3305 times)
Elaine Robeck
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:04 PM »

I am in the market for a boy's shirt pattern for older boys (8-12 ish).  Does any one have a favorite pattern?  I have a Heidi Marsh pattern and don't really love it.  Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks,

Elaine R
Marta Vincent
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:06 AM »

http://www.pastpatterns.com/007.html  Should work.
Elaine Robeck
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:18:18 PM »

His chest measurment is only 28" and the smallest size is 34".  That's a pretty big difference.  I think it would be too big, don't you?
Marta Vincent
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »

The only pattern maker I know of that has a boy's shirt is Period Impressions. Tongue  If you really want to have to deal with those patterns, that is an option.

I actually think you could do quite well with this pattern by making a new drafted pattern from it.  Make the back yoke fit your boy, making the squares of front and back a little narrower and a little shorter, shortening the sleeves and the adjusting the size of the "bib" and collar and you'll be fine.  Shirts are loose and baggy, and long enough to tuck under the butt, so if it is not a perfect size, it will not be obvious. 

Have fun!  Wink
Elaine Robeck
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »

Thanks Marta for all you suggestions.  I decided to redraft from the pattern I already had.  The shirt turned out really well, and I'm happy because I didn't have to buy a new pattern.   Grin
Trish B
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 03:19:09 PM »

I am getting ready to make boy's shirts for our loaner closet, and the Heidi Marsh pattern is what we have.
Elaine--Is there something specific you didn't like about this pattern?
Does anyone else have suggestions to improve this pattern? I don't have models to use for fitting, so I was just going to make it up according to the pattern unless I get recommendations.   I will be making shirts in all 3 sizes.  Thanks!! trish B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: