Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tailor Shop at Genessee Country Village  (Read 6105 times)
Robin C
Developing Scribbler

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »

Love the machine, but where can you find needles that work in a machine like this? I do have a "New Family" but can't find needles to fit.
Jim_Ruley
Senior Research
Scribblor Infinitus

Tailor at work

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »

Love the machine, but where can you find needles that work in a machine like this? I do have a "New Family" but can't find needles to fit.

I've found a couple of sources on e-bay (search on "Singer 12 sewing machine"), and know a collector that has a few.  Send me a PM for details.
bevinmacrae
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »

Tentative dates for next year's event are July 14 and 15th (hopes that is really a weekend and I'm remembering it right!) We are always looking for more civilians to populate the Village and the buildings themselves. Some can be used for overnight use, and others can be used during the day for specific impressions or scenarios. First person encouraged but not required. As far as invitations go, the Sewing Academy at large is invited! I'd be happy to talk specifics with anyone, just send me a PM or inquire at blynn@gcv.org

Just a little about the site: It's supposedly the 3rd largest historic village in the east coast, though we do have more buildings than OSV. We interpret in 4 different time periods: 1820s, 1830s, 1850s, and 1870s. So I get to wear one of my now 27 different dresses to work each day....
I have recently taken over responsibilities for updating our blog (it's on blogger at Genesee Country Village and Museum) and Facebook and I have plans to feature a component of our overly large clothing collection about once a week on there once I have access to the pictures. So stay tuned!

I LOVE my job!! It don't get any better than this... Grin
Bevin

Bevin MacRae

"Inspiring excitement and curiosity about the past!"
www.gcv.org
BetsyConnolly
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »

Bevin,

Officially mark me as jealous! I love my modern job, but I still wish I could play in the past every day and get paid for it!

I've got my eyeball on this event!

Betsy Connolly
Living History Society of Minnesota
In The Past Lane - my blog
rrbeers
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 07:32:31 AM »

Thank you, Bevin! This sounds like so much fun! I hope that we'll be able to make it up this year! I sent you an email, too Smiley
Stephanie Brennan
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 02:45:22 PM »

Congratulations Bevin!  I've been going there on and off for 20 +  years and have always enjoyed the event.              Stephanie
Sue Leurgans
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »

It's Official.  The dates for the generally mainstream Civil War weekend at Genesee Country Museum is July 14th and 15th.   

http://www.gcv.org/calendar/detail/12/

Sue Leurgans
AKA Miss Lawrence
"The secret of happiness is something to do" - John Burroughs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: