Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melvina  (Read 4057 times)
catquiltlady
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »

I thought I'd share photos of my Civility, renamed Melvina for my 3rd ggrandmother, that I purchased from Elizabeth. I've had so much fun dressing her. She now has two dresses and I'm working on a 3rd. One of her dresses matches my newest dress. I took her to Ladies Weekend at the Columbia Athenaeum and she had so much fun! Now tracking down tiny accessories for her.

Blessings,
Beth

tennviv
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »

Love it! She's a beauty!  I've got to get a doll . . .

Lisa Earle
Western Ky
Denise Butler
Scribblor Infinitus

Welcome to the home of Matilda Joslyn Gage!

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »

Miss Melvina must secure an introduction to Miss Emily (Virginia Mescher's lovely lady)... they would have so much to chat about!

Regards,
Denise
BarbaraSmith
Scribblor Infinitus

I'm clueless, but competitive! ~ Trish Roseburg

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:13:01 PM »

Oh, I just found the CUTEST little doll-house sized sewing table on Ebay and sent it to a friend with a "Civility" and she snapped it up. I hope it's as cute in person as it looks online. I'll have to go find that link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOLLHOUSE-VICTORAIN-ART-FURNITURE-SEWING-KIT-HUSSIF-/250825416695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a665c1ff7#ht_2910wt_747

Best of luck!!!!!!!
B.

Auntie B says: "I may look like Aunt Pitty-Pat, but I have the soul of Belle Watling," and "Since I can't be a good example, then I'm just gonna have to be a horrible warning."
Gillian
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »

Oh, I just love that first picture!!!

And Barbara, I think you just killed me with that eBay seller. I have just gotten a BAD case of The Wants.
BarbaraSmith
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 11:01:54 AM »

Cheesy Always happy to lead other people into my shopping addiction.  Cheesy

It starts small with a little $7 item on Ebay, then it grows....  Cheesy

LOL,
B.

Auntie B says: "I may look like Aunt Pitty-Pat, but I have the soul of Belle Watling," and "Since I can't be a good example, then I'm just gonna have to be a horrible warning."
Brooke Whitaker
Scribblor Infinitus

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Me♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »

She's adorable. Nice job. Smiley

Cool-Born a Yankee, but a Rebel by choice- Cool
                      -Brooke-

My blog: http://stitchesofthepast.blogspot.com/
My Etsy Shop:  www.stitchesofthepast.etsy.com
BarbaraSmith
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »

BTW, I forgot to add, Beth I just love that pic of you and your Melvina in matching dresses! You two are adorable!!!  Grin

Where on earth did you find such tiny buttons for her bodice? I suppose there are people making doll-sized buttons now.  Cheesy I usually get so miffed at Ebay sellers when they don't put doll in the title, and I click, and it's something adorable and then I discover it's MINIATURE. But now I have a place to send those links to, don't I?  Cheesy

LOL,
B.

TerryCoriell
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 07:48:16 PM »

wow. wonderful doll and your dresses are great!
catquiltlady
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »

Thank you ladies for the kind words. Barbara, I got the doll buttons at a local Hancock's store. Lots of places have them though.
Casey Selley
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »

Awww I love her, she's beautiful! I think as soon as I'm able I'll be saving up for a Civility.
mmescher
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »

Thanks for introducing Melvina to us.

We found that many of the accessories you have to make yourself.  We made miniature board games for Civility as well as a photograph album of here trip to Washington City.  Thank you Photoshop!!

We did find a rather unusual item at the Heart of Ohio antique mall last year.  Emily now has her own chamber pot to slide under the bed at night.  Talk about being well supplied!

But she still can't compare with Rose Percy, a fund raising doll formerly owned by the Red Cross but now owned by the Rose Percy Foundation which I'd assume is in California.  Google "Rose Percy" for some excellent pictures.

Michael Mescher
Eileen Hook
Veteran Scribbler

Mrs. Talbott

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »

I just bought a china doll head on etsy - she looks much like your Melvina! She's going to be my winter project once this round of fall and holiday (modern) craft shows dies down.  Dreaming of tiny buttons, tiny drawers, petticoats, dresses and aprons......

Eileen
Proprietor, Talbott & Co. Heritage Goods
www. talbottandco.etsy.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: