Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Common Linen Doll  (Read 6017 times)
tresmomma
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »

This is my first attempt at a Common Linen Doll using the directions found in the American Girls Book. I'm pretty proud of her. My daughter named her Anna. Smiley

BarbaraSmith
Scribblor Infinitus

I'm clueless, but competitive! ~ Trish Roseburg

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 08:21:55 AM »

Laura, Nice!!!!!

And she does resemble our Anna G. Who is a stick.  Wink (and she runs....)

LOL,
B.

Auntie B says: "I may look like Aunt Pitty-Pat, but I have the soul of Belle Watling," and "Since I can't be a good example, then I'm just gonna have to be a horrible warning."
Anna G.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »

Laura, Nice!!!!!

And she does resemble our Anna G. Who is a stick.  Wink (and she runs....)

Why, because I have no facial features? Although I did say that you reminded me of Little Edie Beale from Grey Gardens when we were in the parlor today, so I guess I deserved this one. Wink

Lovely doll Laura, and Anna is quite a becoming name, if I do say so myself. Wink
Brooke Whitaker
Scribblor Infinitus

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Me♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »

Why, because I have no facial features?
Anna, no facial features?!?! I've always thought quite the opposite. Wink You're very beautiful!  Kiss

Sweet doll, Laura. Smiley

Cool-Born a Yankee, but a Rebel by choice- Cool
                      -Brooke-

My blog: http://stitchesofthepast.blogspot.com/
My Etsy Shop:  www.stitchesofthepast.etsy.com
Anna G.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:48:34 AM »

Why, because I have no facial features?
Anna, no facial features?!?! I've always thought quite the opposite. Wink You're very beautiful!  Kiss

Oh, by "no facial features" I meant the absence of eyes, nose, mouth, forehead and all the other things that are on your face.  Grin But thank you very much for your sweet compliment. I wish more men thought this. Wink
rrbeers
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »

I wish more men thought this. Wink

As Amy March says, "You only need one if he's the right one."  Cheesy Cheesy
BarbaraSmith
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »

No, I meant you're stick thin, Anna. Not that you have no facial features!!!  Cheesy

And yes, it was pre-revenge for calling me Little Edie Beale on Saturday. Though I do resemble that remark.

It's been quite a REVOLUTIONARY day!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LOL,
B.

Auntie B says: "I may look like Aunt Pitty-Pat, but I have the soul of Belle Watling," and "Since I can't be a good example, then I'm just gonna have to be a horrible warning."
Anna G.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »

I wish more men thought this. Wink

As Amy March says, "You only need one if he's the right one."  Cheesy Cheesy

That's what I keep telling myself - that you don't need scores of suitors, only 1. The problem has been to find just one. I seem to attract a lot of weirdos for some reason . . .

No, I meant you're stick thin, Anna. Not that you have no facial features!!!  Cheesy

And yes, it was pre-revenge for calling me Little Edie Beale on Saturday. Though I do resemble that remark.

It's been quite a REVOLUTIONARY day!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well, I wouldn't stay stick-thin. I just have a proper fitting pair of jeans.  Wink

And has your revolutionary day come about because you are a STAUNCH character? Wink
rrbeers
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 06:21:05 AM »

Weirdos can still have good taste in women Wink
BarbaraSmith
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 08:41:16 AM »

And what does this say about your husband?  Cheesy

LOL,
B.

Brooke Whitaker
Scribblor Infinitus

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Me♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:43 AM »

LOL,
B.
them's fightin' wordz! lol  Shocked

That's what I keep telling myself - that you don't need scores of suitors, only 1. The problem has been to find just one. I seem to attract a lot of weirdos for some reason . . .

Well, don't worry....I seem to only attract weirdos to. :S Maybe we should start a club...  Grin lol

Cool-Born a Yankee, but a Rebel by choice- Cool
                      -Brooke-

My blog: http://stitchesofthepast.blogspot.com/
My Etsy Shop:  www.stitchesofthepast.etsy.com
rrbeers
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »

LOL,
B.

LOL! Neither one of us has EVER claimed to be normal!! Cheesy

Of course, there are different types of weirdos! Weird-weirdos, creepy-weirdos, quirky-weirdos, etc  Cheesy Cheesy I hope, for Anna's sake, that she only attract good kinds of weirdos  Wink
BarbaraSmith
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »

Of course, there are different types of weirdos! Weird-weirdos, creepy-weirdos, quirky-weirdos, etc  Cheesy Cheesy I hope, for Anna's sake, that she only attract good kinds of weirdos  Wink

Well, there is the director of a local cemetery who'se been eyeing her....  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

LOL,
B.

Anna G.
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »

Well, there is the director of a local cemetery who'se been eyeing her....  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

I cannot believe you just said that! That was one time, almost a year ago, and he's old enough to be my father.  And I thought you two would make a handsome couple, but no, you don't like 'em rotund and working at the cemetaries.  Roll Eyes

I think it's incredibly funny how this thread on the lovely doll shared in the first post has turned into a discussion of my love life.  Cheesy Sorry, Laura, we go on tangents, and sometimes they have nothing to do with the 19th century!  Cheesy
Mother Dean
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »

Beautiful doll!! We made some for my youngest daughter to take to events.... little tiny ones. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: