Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sanitary Fair Doll Pix  (Read 2835 times)
gweninla
Frequent Scribbler

« on: May 23, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »

http://www.victorianamagazine.com/archives/3869

For your inspiration. Charming wardrobe.
Eileen Hook
Veteran Scribbler

Mrs. Talbott

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »

Oh my goodness!!! Shocked Shocked That is a wonderful wardrobe - none of my dolls were ever that well supplied!  Gives a great idea of the items 'every woman needs' too.

Eileen
Proprietor, Talbott & Co. Heritage Goods
www. talbottandco.etsy.com

vmescher
Senior Research
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:44:50 AM »

Mike and I saw the exhibit and all the wonderful clothing that was exhibited with the doll.  There was one mistake in the article; the doll is about 18 inches rather than 12 inches.  The doll and her wardrobe is the showcase of the exhibit but there are a number of other parts of the exhibit.  If you are near NY before the exhibit closes it is worth your time to see the exhibit.  The Brooklyn Museum also offers a great many other exhibits where you can spend your time. 

We took quite a few photos of the exhibit and the doll and her wardrobe.  Unfortunately, all her clothing was not on display.  Hopefully after the doll is no longer on exhibit, I hope to get back to the Brooklyn Museum and examine everything up close (fingers crossed). 

There is a listing of her complete wardrobe in my article on fundraising dolls in the archived section of Virginia's Veranda on the webpage.  Just look for the Brooklyn Sanitary Fair doll.  There are no photos of the doll in the article she was in storage at the time.  I'm glad she has been released for viewing. 

Virginia Mescher
Please Visit us at
Ragged Soldier Sutlery or Vintage Volumes at
www.raggedsoldier.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: