Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boys BRAG SECTION  (Read 19270 times)
Mary Gutzke
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »

Thank you, everyone!  Cheesy Surprisingly the dresses survived intact after a full weekend of the boys eating juicy apples, playing in leaf piles, and, best of all, playing stomach-down in gravel. Just doing what little boys do best.  Their drawers weren't so pretty afterward.

Mary Gutzke
E L Watkins-Morris
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »

All of you look great!

Materium Superbat Opus-Ovid
Simple yet complex...-Mark Baldridge, Art 101: The Principles of Design
amymckinney
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2012, 02:48:19 PM »

All these clothes are just beautiful!  Good job all.  The red dresses are so wonderfully bright and cheerful!

Amy
Sarah W
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »

For those of you of Swedish descent, and/or portraying Swedish immigrants Smiley

A Swedish country toddler boy's outfit: wool dress without waist seam (eh, actually his 14th century cote reused for this purpose - it's close enough in cut not to stand out at a glance), cotton apron with a bib and a cotton cap made from gussets. Little girl's dresses had a skirt pleated to the bodice, aprons without bibs and caps made from one piece going from forehead to neck and two side pieces.

All hand sewn, and the ribbon for the apron ties were woven by me.

Sorry for the bad picture; I'm trying to keep my little son's privacy intact...

More information and detailed pictures (including some originals) on my blog: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f9iCmk9kOzU/UVAZXPoKxVI/AAAAAAAAB2w/Pcgv8tGglyk/s1600/barn+3.jpg
Liana W.
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2013, 08:04:41 AM »

More information and detailed pictures (including some originals) on my blog: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f9iCmk9kOzU/UVAZXPoKxVI/AAAAAAAAB2w/Pcgv8tGglyk/s1600/barn+3.jpg

That link goes to a larger version of the picture. Link to blog post, please?  I'd like to see/read more!
Sarah W
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »

Oh, how clumsy of me! Here's the correct link: http://amostpeculiarmademoiselle.blogspot.se/2013/03/swedish-19th-century-country-toddlers.html

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Heidi Hollister
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »

I love the cultural variation!  So nice to see other 19th century cultures represented.

Semper Sewus Historicana!
Mother Dean
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2013, 09:51:51 AM »

Oh how fun! What a doll! I bet he had a grand time. Great job on the clothes. I never would have guessed that you wove the ties yourself. Beautiful work!

Liana W.
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »

Thank you! Your work is lovely! Depending on who in the family you asked, one set of my great-grandparents were either Swedish or Finnish, so I almost can't help being interested Grin
Sarah W
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »

Thank you, he looked so sweet! So far he likes wearing period clothing and looks very proud of himself <3 I got some more pictures of him taken yesterday, as he accompanied me when I had pictures taken of my Swedish country woman's interpretation of mid 19th century fashion.
Miss Ruth
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »

Late post... BUT... Soooo cute!  Smiley Love it!

"Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."

Proverbs 31:30

http://sewingroomtales.blogspot.com/
Sarah Jane Meister
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »

Sarah, have you posted the pictures of yourself and your wee man? I would love to see your Swedish 19th c. outfit!

I have not shared here for ages (years?? ha!) since I sort of went through a burned out time with reenacting and then last year we had our baby girl so did not really get out for any events. We are getting back into it more this year though and I made my 5 year old a new outfit since he had a huge growth spurt over the winter and no longer fit into his older clothes.

This year we went with a button-suit sort of outfit (printed cotton shirt buttoned to wool trousers; we have cotton twill to make a lighter set of trousers for the warmer months) and a more fitted coat style. He helped choose the fabrics himself and self-sacrificially stood for lengthy draping sessions while I worked on it.

I hope to get the 2 other boys new outfits made before our next event, but they are still small enough to wear the hand-me-downs for now. Tongue

Paula
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2013, 09:00:33 PM »

Oh Sarah what a delightful little gentleman and the clothes are perfect too. 
Miss Ruth
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2013, 02:44:30 AM »

He's so sweet! What a darling!  Smiley

"Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."

Proverbs 31:30

http://sewingroomtales.blogspot.com/
Heidi Hollister
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2013, 06:07:49 AM »

Sarah, your children always look so smart.  This latest outfit is no exception.  I especially love his pants.

Semper Sewus Historicana!
Sarah W
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »

Sarah, I have not yet posted a picture of my dress here, as I want to have the blog post about it up first, so in a week or so perhaps Smiley

And your little man look perfect in his new clothes - but I think I might have told you that already?
Mother Dean
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »

Sarah - Your clothes are wonderful as always and I can't believe how big your son is getting. Wow, how time flies. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: