Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of Finished Shawl... yeah!!! :)  (Read 8004 times)
Fiddlin Girl
« on: January 10, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »

Hello everyone!! I am finally getting some pictures up of my finished shawl! Thank you, Atlanta!!! Kiss

Ok, I will put one picture up on the thread, and then put up links to pictures so it won't take forever for it to load, if you have slow computers like I do! Wink

There ya go and here's more if you want details.... Wink

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/dixievictoria/sewing/shawl5.jpg

As you can see in the link above, the shawl is very see through, on account that it is lace weight yarn. However, because it is 100% wool, it is also very warm. Smiley

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/dixievictoria/sewing/shawl3.jpg

That is one while my friend is wearing her black wool dress.. That is me on the side. Roll Eyes Tongue

Ok, below are some detailed, close up pictures of the shawl. Smiley

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/dixievictoria/sewing/shawl6.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/dixievictoria/sewing/shawl7.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/dixievictoria/sewing/shawl1.jpg

My friend gave me a swatch of fabric from the striped dress, and I went and found a yarn that matched it really well. I was very pleased with the way it turned out. Smiley Thank you everyone for the help you have given me with this project.

Fiddlin Girl Kiss
Pam Robles
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:55:46 PM »

That is absolutely gorgeous!  You did a lovely job.  I can't believe it only takes 14 hours.  Shocked
Fiddlin Girl
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:59:10 PM »

Thank you, Pam!! Well, after a while, I started getting pretty fast at knitting!!! Smiley

FG
kellydorman
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:35:53 PM »

Just completely lovely!

I wish I could knit, sob, sob..

Regards,
Kelly

Fiddlin Girl
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »

I wish I could knit, sob, sob..

Regards,
Kelly

If it makes you feel any better... I couldn't knit for the life of me till just a year ago or so. This was my first big project, so it isn't hopeless!! Smiley

Thanks!

FG
Brooke Whitaker
Scribblor Infinitus

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦Me♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »

SO pretty, FG!!!!!!
You did a wonderful job!!!!!  Grin  Kiss

Cool-Born a Yankee, but a Rebel by choice- Cool
                      -Brooke-

My blog: http://stitchesofthepast.blogspot.com/
My Etsy Shop:  www.stitchesofthepast.etsy.com
Ms. Jean
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 04:39:06 PM »

Yeah!  Well done!

Jean
Route 66

Ms. Jean
Route 66
Fiddlin Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 04:41:05 PM »

Thank you Brooke and Ms. Jean!!! Kiss

FG
Susan Peden
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »

Hot Tamales!  Very nice-
Susan
Hannah Opdenaker
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 05:49:19 PM »

FG It looks so amazing  Shocked Shocked  Smiley!!! All your hard work paid off into a beautiful shawl! Grin
~Hannah
Carolann Schmitt
Senior Research
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »

FG -

That is lovely work!  The laceweight yarn is wonderful, the gauge is appropriate for the period, your tension is even, the miter at the center is neatly done, the fringe is the perfect accent and the size is just right.  Congratulations on a very nice completed project.  I'm very proud of you. What's your next project? Smiley 

Carolann
Lifelong knitter who appreciates good work

Carolann Schmitt - Only a historian understands how much you need to know in order to recognize how much you don't know. - Elizabeth Ann Coleman
cschmitt@genteelarts.com
www.genteelarts.com
BethanyLynn
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 06:26:10 PM »

Ok, Fiddlin Girl, do you have any secrets that you would like to share?  Grin How did you get the beautiful miter is Carolann said and what pattern did you use? I have a feeling that I missed it somwhere else on here but I would love to know!

BEAUTIFUL work!
Nona Nelson
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 06:45:11 PM »

Oh, how lovely! What a fabulous job you did! I want one!
Stormi Souter
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 06:48:02 PM »

Beautiful!!

Stormi Souter
www.whynotthen.com
Fiddlin Girl
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »

Carolann,
  Wow, I am really floored. I didn't think it would be this good. Smiley Thank you so much. My next project is a shawl for myself... Roll Eyes haha well, maybe not yet as I have an order to fill....

Bethany,
  Unfortunately, I don't have any secrets!! I just followed the pattern and enjoyed it the whole time. I will have to go look for the pattern.. and then I will send it to you. Smiley I have no idea how I got the miter. I actually thought it didn't look good because you could see it, but I guess it is fine after all!!! Wink

Nona,
  Do you seriously want one?? Better get an order befoer I raise my price! Wink Grin jk.

Thank you Stormi!!!!!

Y'all really have no idea how tickled I am to see this many responses!!! I am just gigglin and grinning ear to ear and telling any one who will listen!!! Wink

Fiddlin Girl Kiss
Veronica Carey
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »

Beautiful!  And your friend wears it very well!
BethT
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 10:45:54 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

That is a MAGNIFICENT shawl!!!  I'm blown away.  Your craftsmanship seems exceptional, and I think you should be proud of your work.  Congrats, and I hope you make tons of cash on them!

-B

Gen. 3:21
The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

Thus began fashion.
atlantashannon
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »

Yikes! I'm getting in late to this thread!

I think the pictures speak for themselves - I don't even need to say how much I LOVE my shawl. FG - thank you so much! I can't wait to wear it to an event. As everyone has said, the shawl is absolutely gorgeous, and quite toasty warm! I highly recomend her knitting work to anyone, who -like me- can't knit, but has been longing for knitted accessories!
Heidi Hollister
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »

Fiddlin' Girl, that is the kind of shawl I've been drooling over for years and I can't knit!  I've been trying to get someone to do a swap with me, I sew something for them if they'll knit me a shawl like that, but I haven't gotten any takers yet...  Need anything sewn that you just don't want to do? Wink

Semper Sewus Historicana!
Michelle Whitaker
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »

FiddlinGirl, L♥♥♥♥♥VE it!!! You did an AWESOME job! You are such a great knitter. It looks so period. Keep up the good work.
(Added later) BTW I also L♥ve your avatar!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: