Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resources  (Read 37366 times)
Malinda Byrne
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »

Maureen,
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this weekend.  Sad  Otherwise, it would be fun to meet up.  Not exactly war era, but there is the Susan B. Anthony house. 
Malinda

Malinda Byrne
Spinninglisa
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »

Are there any on-line resources of pictures of fabric by date, or searchable by date? I found a pretty brown print over the weekend but it doesn't photograph well, so I wondered if I could check it out myself...
(tiny dark brown floral spray on a dull brown background that's nearly but not quit solid, slightly ombre,  would make a fantasticwash dress if it's ok... Spray is about the size of a penny, spaced the same.
Thank you,
Miss Lisa
Ps It's 45" wide and I got 6.5 yards of it...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:32:28 AM by Miss Lisa » Logged
Ms. Jean
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:27 AM »

Out of era, but where do I go for ladies' clothing information for the upcoming centennial of World War I?

I have indeed located good resources, but no Sewing Academy for 1914 clothing.

Does Sense & Sensibility cover this era?

Thank you!

Jean
Route 66

Ms. Jean
Route 66
Hannah G.
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »

I think Sense and Sensibility is more historically-inspired patterns with modern fit/construction/etc, not necessarily historically accurate.  Could be wrong on that, though. 

Hey!  We need some of you well-informed muti-era people out there to set up an accuracy-minded Sewing Academy equivalent for other eras!  Smiley

Hannah
V.White
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »

I have a question. The original dress on the Graceful lady, the green and white one with velvet trim. Is that beading in the center of the trim? Just what it looked like to me and piqued my curiosity.
K Krewer
Senior Research
Scribblor Infinitus

Madame Goldschmidt

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2013, 08:47:36 AM »

I have a question. The original dress on the Graceful lady, the green and white one with velvet trim. Is that beading in the center of the trim? Just what it looked like to me and piqued my curiosity.

Not sure which dress you're referring to -- could you provide a link?  If you mean the dress at the top of the page of the "silk dresses" section that has velvet trim around the fichu -- no, there is no beading.

K Krewer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: