Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Qualifies as "History Heavy" (Please Read Before Posting)  (Read 4136 times)
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« on: February 19, 2007, 09:04:08 AM »

There are lots of reenactment events out there, but for listing here, please limit postings to events that fall in the "history heavy" end of things.

Here's what I mean when I say, "history heavy":

* Dedicated and accurate citizen involvement (bonus for accurate accomodations!)

* The event setting revolves around a scenario from actual history, rather than a generic "battle"

* Pre-event communication and mentoring

* Pre-event written impression standards (that are enforced with kindness)

* More for citizens than a fashion show, shopping, and tea!

* Could be immersion, semi-immersion, or smorgasbord style, but emphasizing the interpretation of the actual historic record

(Things that wouldn't fall under this umbrella: Battle/Ball events, Skirmish & Yam Fest events, the Gettysburg huge thing, or any event that has pirates.)

If the event does meet those sorts of qualifications, please remember to give:

Event Name
Date
Website or Yahoo Group as applicable
Contact Name and information
Registration deadline and any fees

Brief description of the event and scenario, any special scenario or impression needs, limits on registration, etc. 

We look forward to seeing all the fun things we can be jealous over!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:42:37 PM by Elizabeth » Logged

Regards,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »

Just a quick bump back into visibility--I've been doing some housekeeping in the Events section, to clear out things that do not fall into the range of "history heavy". If you have questions about whether or not something is history-heavy, please email me before posting, and I'll be glad to give my opinion on it.

Regards,
Elizabeth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: