Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penny Wooden Dolls  (Read 6580 times)
vmescher
Senior Research
Veteran Scribbler

« on: August 16, 2007, 04:16:01 PM »

Since there seemed to be interest when we were discussing types of simple dolls, the supplier of penny wooden dolls has found a maker again and we now have them in stock.  Visit raggedsoldier.com and go to the menu item for dolls.

Michael Mescher

Virginia Mescher
Please Visit us at
Ragged Soldier Sutlery or Vintage Volumes at
www.raggedsoldier.com
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 04:17:29 PM »

Excellent!

These are really fun to play with.  Though my kids have to be careful to *not* let Madame play with them, as she tends to pull them apart at the joints.  Shocked

Regards,
Elizabeth
Sandy Whitlow
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 05:46:23 PM »

Since there seemed to be interest when we were discussing types of simple dolls, the supplier of penny wooden dolls has found a maker again and we now have them in stock.  Visit raggedsoldier.com and go to the menu item for dolls.

Michael Mescher

Yipee! I'll be placing my order soon along with a couple of your finished roll-up dolls. One can never have too many period dolls!  Smiley
felicite
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 10:07:22 PM »

Are you going to bring your fabulus dolls along to Huntington Beach, Sandy? I want to play with them. =D
Sandy Whitlow
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:47:36 AM »

Are you going to bring your fabulus dolls along to Huntington Beach, Sandy? I want to play with them. =D

Hello, Amie! If we make it to Huntington Beach, I will definitely bring my dolls along with a whole bunch of other toys. We could have a lot of fun.  Smiley
Mr. Shepherd
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »

This is a reproduction of one of two original Penny Wooden Dolls, they are from England.  Of course it doesn't have a nose nor has it been painted.  This one has wooden joints and pegs to secure the moving parts.  I will scan the dolls and post them as well.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii105/shepherd1857/pennywoodendoll.jpg
Mr. Shepherd
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »

Here are the two original dolls, the small one looks sad and I do appologize for the naked pictures, they have no clothes.  I can't afford the clothes after what I paid for them.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii105/shepherd1857/pennywoodendolllarge.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii105/shepherd1857/pennywoodendollsmall.jpg
lindym
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 08:14:29 AM »

This is a reproduction of one of two original Penny Wooden Dolls, they are from England.  Of course it doesn't have a nose nor has it been painted.  This one has wooden joints and pegs to secure the moving parts.  I will scan the dolls and post them as well.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii105/shepherd1857/pennywoodendoll.jpg

After seeing your post on doll houses, I have to ask: did you produce this lovely doll? And are you making them to sell?

Linda

Linda Myers
Mr. Shepherd
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

Well, sort of, I have made about a dozen Large Penny Wooden Doll Kits, I haven't put them together nor painted them, so I do have them available, I just don't mail things well.  But if you are in Utah, stop by and I will give you one.  And you can see the originals.  The kits you can afford, if I were to put one together and have it painted, you could probably buy an original cheaper.  Maybe in the future I can bring the price down for a finished doll.

Stephen
Maria
Dedicated Scribbler

Gibson Ranch Reenactment 2011, Sacramento CA

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 07:29:50 PM »

Even nekkid and faceless, they are darling. Now I want one  Roll Eyes.

Maria Huerta, Docent
Sutter's Fort State Historic Park
Sacramento, CA
HeatherH
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 04:01:47 AM »

Okay, I am in Utah and I'd love some more information on your kits!

Heather
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: