Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things To Do--Gettysburg and Williamsburg  (Read 1063 times)
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« on: January 17, 2018, 01:23:22 AM »

I'm excited to be heading back east this March--for Genteel Arts in Gettyburg, and the Costume Society of America's National meeting at Williamsburg.

Do any of the knowledgeable ladies and gentlemen have advice for historic sites/museums/activities that one must see in or around either of these two cities?  I've only been to the east coast a couple of times, and would appreciate recommendations.

[Also, logistics wise, what is the best way to get to Gettysburg when flying?  I'm looking at shuttle services from Baltimore, but there don't seem to be many options...]

Maggie Koenig
Research
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:51:42 PM »

Oh My where to start!  There is a lot and a lot of little out of the way places. 

You may wish to take a day to go into DC to see the Smithsonian museums if you haven't already.  The DAR museum is fun too.
Frederick Maryland has a lot of fun little museums and history. 
Richmond has the Museum of the Confederacy. 
There is Mount Vernon, Monticello and various other historic homes about between Gettysburg and Williamsburg.
Winchester is a lovely little city with a lot of history to see. 

Harrisburg is the closest airport to Gettysburg but its not going to be the cheapest.  There really isn't any mass transit options to get up here from Baltimore or DC.  Rabbit Transit runs a morning and afternoon bus service between Harrisburg and Gettysburg.  You do have to take the city bus from the airport to the transit center in Harrisburg but it puts you down right in downtown Gettysburg.

Maggie Koenig
Gettysburg, PA

"If you can't make it good, you can at least make it shiny!"
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:00 PM »

Thanks, Maggie!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: