Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visit to Tennessee  (Read 303 times)
Sarah Olson
New Scribbler

« on: February 25, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »

I'm hoping this is the right place to put this. My parents are planning a visit to Tennessee in April and my mom was hoping for some recommendations or tips on Civil War (or other historical, they like it all) sites to visit. She's a great trip planner, so I'm hoping for specific advice like "go to this particular Ranger talk" or off the beaten track/non-military history and heritage ideas, rather than simply "Shiloh! Lookout Mountain!" On previous trips to larger battlefields (Gettysburg, Antietam) we have hired personal guides for more in depth tours, I would guess that they would not be opposed to doing that again.

They'll be driving from Madison, WI - I think the general plan is to drive to the Chattanooga area, then head west before going north again. They are excellent hikers, although mom is not the best with precarious heights.

Thanks in advance!

She was enveloped by her clothes as if by the delicate, distilled apparatus of an entire civilization ~Marcel Proust
Sue Leurgans
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 04:02:51 PM »

If you like house museums there are 2 in Franklin that were apart of the battle in Franklin.  I loved them, but house museums are my favorite. IIRC Franklin is about an hour away from chattanooga.   (really good aquarium in chattanooga)

Sue Leurgans
AKA Miss Lawrence
"The secret of happiness is something to do" - John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: