Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boteh use in Cotton  (Read 1085 times)
Paula
Scribblor Infinitus

« on: July 21, 2016, 01:45:10 PM »

I just finished this sunbonnet (posted more pics in the brag thread).  I made it on a whim and because I love red.  I've gone back and forth if the fabric itself if PC.  I'm confident on color, contrast and the actual spacing of the motif but I hesitate on the use of the boteh motif on cottons.  Can anyone who has researched the shape more give me a yes or no? Thanks
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 10:38:27 PM »

Paula, that's my sticky on this fabric... I love the color, love the size and dropped arrangement. I checked in Textile Designs, and the closest thing I saw was a set of somewhat similar French "mignonette" prints from earlier in the century, where there are some small boteh *shaped* florals... so not quite the same thing, and earlier.

I think it's awfully cute for the sunbonnet! (Everyone else, this is Paula's version of the Conner Prairie Sunbonnet, which I do have permission to put up as a freebie, and I WILL get it up. Cheesy Paula did this from measurements and loads of checking back to the original it's taken from. Great job on it, Paula!)

Regards,
Elizabeth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: