Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Country Ramble 2017  (Read 849 times)
BetsyConnolly
Veteran Scribbler

« on: July 08, 2016, 07:51:24 AM »

You may have seen my recent AAR for the "Country Ramble" event I planned for this past May. I'm happy to say that we're planning another event for May 19 - 21, 2017! This event is a first person semi-immersion, invite-only event.

The scenario: A reproduction 1840s inn in the heart of Wisconsin's Kettle Moraine. We will interpret scenic travel and leisure activities of the middle- and upper-classes in the 1860s. Of particular interest is the opportunity to enjoy a "ramble", or nature walk, through the Kettle Moraine State Forest, enjoying the scenery and spring-fed surroundings that attracted immigrants and tourists during the mid-19th century. The inn is incredibly cool, decked out in antiques and really conducive to time-travel moments. If you want to see pictures, there are many on my blog: http://inthepastlane.blogspot.com/2016/05/aar-country-ramble.html

Registration is extremely limited due to the capacity of the inn. This event is open to those with high-quality impressions who are willing and able to do research and contribute their part to creating a time-travel experience. Preparation for this event will be done on Facebook, and attendees need to be able to participate via Facebook.

This event is invite-only, which means you need to contact me and discuss the event and your experience. If you want to attend, please send me a message!

Betsy Connolly
Living History Society of Minnesota
In The Past Lane - my blog
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:28:09 AM »

You events always sound so fun! I hope to attend some day.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: