Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Perryville Gent  (Read 3128 times)
Allison vV
Dedicated Scribbler

« on: November 01, 2014, 09:43:27 AM »

My first brag in the Gentleman's section (and first gentleman's outfit constructed) ~

Our family attended the 152nd Anniversary of the Battle of Perryville reenactment.  Here is my brother wearing his new Victorian civvies:

We purchased the hat, gloves, and bootees, and a fellow period-clothing enthusiast blessed us with the vest.  I made all the other items from start to finish.  This project was very hard but very fun, and I look forward to adding other items to his wardrobe.  Comments, suggestions, and critique are welcome (e.g., I had a little trouble with the cravat.  How does it look?).

Also, I would like to send a big "thank you" to everyone who helped with this project.  I couldn't have done it without you all.

Allison van Vegten

"Procrastination is the thief of time. Collar him!" Charles Dickens

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish." J. R. R. Tolkien
Heidi Hollister
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 07:06:03 PM »

Late to the party here, but splendid work! 

Semper Sewus Historicana!
Miss Ruth
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 10:47:13 AM »

Late to the party here, but splendid work! 

Wow, I thought I had seen this and complimented it before! Good work, Allison! He looks splendid.  Smiley

"Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."

Proverbs 31:30

http://sewingroomtales.blogspot.com/
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

Quite dapper.  Well done, Allison!

Jessamyn
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 05:45:14 PM »

Some of the comments were lost when the looooooooooong brag thread was broken up by item. I am pretty sure I commented on this one before, but hey, it's so great it's worth commenting twice!

This is really gorgeous. And he obviously feels good and comfortable in the clothes, an acheivement in itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: