Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My last hurrah for boy's in dresses  (Read 4103 times)
Heidi Hollister
Scribblor Infinitus

« on: July 30, 2015, 04:06:13 AM »

This will be my son's last season in dresses and I couldn't let the opportunity pass to make him as many of the adorable fashionable dresses I always drooled over.  So here are my two attempts, completed at last.

A military inspired zouave dress inspired by these pictures and other fashion plates:

Braiding comes from a Peterson's pattern.

This is the French Blouse pattern found in Petersons 1864 and heavily inspired by this fashion plate:

Sorry that it is sideways, that's the way it was in the fashion plate. 

Hopefully there will be a cap or two to wear with these outfits, but at the moment I'm just pleased to have churned these ones out in the time alotted.  On to a thousand other things in the next 2 weeks!!

Oh, and one parting shot.  A photo of my son as I coaxed him to help me with a fitting:

Semper Sewus Historicana!
MaryDee
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »

"Oh, and one parting shot.  A photo of my son as I coaxed him to help me with a fitting."

Priceless!!!   Cheesy
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 10:43:17 AM »

Oh, those are precious.  I loved the braidwork on the first, the fringe on the second, and the expression on the model!

Stephanie Brennan
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 10:07:33 AM »

Beautiful job Heidi-  Sometimes it is just so hard to keep up with those little monsters  cuties. Don't worry you can always push the skirt pants theme to about age 6. Even at that, per Peter Parley, you'll have to watch out for some friendly jibes.
Miss Ruth
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »

Wow! I like them a LOT!  Shocked

"Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."

Proverbs 31:30

http://sewingroomtales.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: