Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Teen Stays  (Read 4910 times)
Michaela C
Frequent Scribbler

« on: June 30, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »

Thanks all, for the help on the stays! She really likes them; she used to complain that she looked 'fluffy' with the chemise on under the dress without anything over it. That is now fixed, and dresses which were about to be too tight fit just right.

http://mysoulisfedwithneedleandthread.blogspot.com/2015/06/historical-sew-monthly-challenge-6-out.html

My soul is fed with needle and thread!
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 03:46:28 PM »

Well done. 

Dana Repp
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »

Michaela, it's been a few months now with her wearing it; how does she like it? Is it holding up like you hoped or do you still need to invest in bones?

~Dana~

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters
Col. 3:23
Heidi Hollister
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:13:33 AM »

It's a beautiful fit there! 

Semper Sewus Historicana!
Michaela C
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 12:02:09 PM »

Thanks y'all!

Dana, we have kind of been avoiding most of the smaller summer events (it's sooo hot); the next one isn't until the end of September, and that will probably be her first time wearing it for any length of time. That just reminded me; I think I actually have a few bones somewhere that might be the right length....

Michaela C
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »

By the way....I have used the duct-tape pattern making method for the stays and couple different corsets, and I love it! Highly recommended.

Jessamyn
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:09 PM »

If you're ever in a situation where you need make-do bones, I really recommend zip ties. The long white ones from the hardware store. You have to trim the ends round, but they're a great modest stabilizer and of course washable. They're not as stiff as steels but of course much more rigid than cording, and a not wildly unreasonable substitute for whalebone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: