Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bead Bracelet Project  (Read 873 times)
D Thomas
« on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »

This will be my first post. I have been an avid reader for several years and just got approved for membership. I am in the process of outfitting my 9 year old daughter. She has never reenacted before and wants to attend with me. I'm the only reenactor in the family and do most of my own sewing. Learning about the proper items for girls has been a challenge.

Tonight we had a Father /Daughter project. I picked up red coral beads, silk thread, and gold wash findings on sale at Hobby Lobby. My daughter strung the beads and I knotted them. We finished a bracelet and have enough beads for a necklace and another bracelet.
Elizabeth
Administrator
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »

How fun! Single strand coral bead necklaces seem quite popular for children in the period! I'm not a total jewelry buff, so grains of salt are included gratis in the advice, but it seems that multi-strand bracelets seem to be more common than single-strand for adults; I have *no* idea how this applies to children as I've not made any kind of formal photo inquiry yet. Smiley

What a fun parent-child project!

Regards,
Elizabeth
Ginger Lane
Veteran Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:22:45 AM »

This little girl is wearing a bracelet; it certainly looks wider than a single row of beads. It might be a double string, with a fancy clasp. It might be hairwork, too.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/228135537347821112/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: