Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wool for Young Ladies in the 1850s  (Read 2028 times)
Anna G.
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »

Just thought I would share some photos of the dress that I made for a little reenactor friend, as this was my first foray into children's clothing. I used Elizabeth's "Historic Moments" pattern and despite running a little large, it went together beautifully.

Anyways, the dress is made with less than 4 yards of grey and purple plaid Pendleton wool. I did 3 growth tucks in the skirt, and the cap sleeve has a removable slim sleeve of the same fabric that can be easily taken off when the weather gets warmer. Both the sleeve and sleeve cap are cut on the bias, and the sleeve cap/short sleeve is trimmed with self-fabric ruching that has also been cut on the bias.

So, both of us were in plaid Pendleton wool dresses for our "Queen Victoria's Birthday" reenactment this past weekend. :-))))))
Dana Repp
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »

And now fast forward 3 years - all the tucks are out. It's still a sweet dress.

~Dana~

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters
Col. 3:23
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:49:56 AM »

Aww...

MaryDee
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:05 AM »

Congratulations on the lovely dress, and especially on making it so that the lovely young lady could wear it for three years! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: