Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wrapper?  (Read 5642 times)
decivilian
« on: March 09, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »

I am trying to figure out a wrapper/robe for my year old granddaughter but didn't See anything in my Search.  SuggeStionS? (My S iS broken on my keyboard and only doeS capS).
EKorsmo
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 01:41:58 PM »

There are a few threads which mention or children's wrappers: here, here, and here. Good luck!

Maggie Koenig
Research
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:24:28 PM »

The children's wrappers I've seen (Carolann has two) are very much like mini men's dressing gowns.  One of her's was lined and the other wasn't.  You are going for a basic T-shape with a bit of flare to the hem.

Maggie Koenig
Gettysburg, PA

"If you can't make it good, you can at least make it shiny!"
Stephanie Brennan
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 12:51:22 PM »

I have period instructions for a infant wrapper. One is a double wrapper- simply meaning a lined wrapper, the other is a flannel wrapper. The flannel wrapper suggests Persian flannel; a combination of silk and wool.

I would be glad to dig out more later if your not on a time constraint. I literally have 100's of pieces of documentation on children's clothing, toys, furniture  etc.
Stephanie Brennan
Scribblor Infinitus

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:51:23 AM »

Instructions 1852 infant-

Flannel wrapper -
This is a long sacque, or loose gown, made to come over the child's feet. It is tied or buttoned down the front, and close to the neck; the sleeves are long , and rather tight than loose; it should be bound with silk and linen galloon.
  It is of no economy to buy yellow or red flannel for children. A neat nurse should keep it clean.

Double wrapper-
This is a made of fine checked cambric, or gingham, in a similar fashion to the flannel dressing gown, already described. A neat chintz , of small dots or bars, is sometimes used. The outside and lining may be alike, or of different patterns and colors. They are cut from the same pattern, run together on the wrong side, and turned at the neck. A small collar of the same is finished with one or two rows of narrow linen  bobbin , or braid the same on the sleeves, and indeed around the whole garment ; the front to be fastened with linen or small pearl buttons.

Since your baby is already one year old, I would make the wrapper to the baby's feet or ankles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: