Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collar height  (Read 4431 times)
Dana Repp
Dedicated Scribbler

« on: February 10, 2015, 01:55:09 PM »

A few years ago a friend made my husband a formal shirt to wear to a ball. Every time he wears it with his cravat the shirt slides under the cravat and looks like a mess.  I tried to do a quick and dirty fix with a hook and eye but it still doesn't work. I also suggested he tie the cravat tighter but he's addicted to breathing and thinks I have ulterior motives.   Tongue

We have another event coming this weekend and I think he needs a new collar. So my question is: how tall would a man's collar usually be in mid century? His is only 1 3/4" which seems quite short. Photos are hard to determine because some look quite tall and others not so much.  Huh

Any help is appreciated.

~Dana~

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters
Col. 3:23
P McIntosh
New Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »

Most of my collars are 2.5 to 3 inches in hight. When I wear my 2 inch wide cravat I find there is about a half inch or a little more collar showing at the top.

Parker
Dana Repp
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:49:45 PM »

Thank you Mr. McIntosh, that's what I'll be doing. 

~Dana~

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters
Col. 3:23
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: