Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: boy's drawers  (Read 1911 times)
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« on: July 16, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »

my boys are 7.5 and 11.5, i don't think the ESC patterns will work for them.  any tips on where to look for a pattern for them?

~ Jennifer
Allison vV
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »

I think for boys that age, the clothing will begin mimic the cut of men's clothing.  I know from my search for patterns for my fourteen-year-old brother that there are very few men's drawers patterns out there.  I'm afraid the same might go for boy's.  I used the men's drawers pattern from The Workwoman's Guide, and with a little tweaking it worked nicely.  That would, however, be a bit big for your boys Smiley.

There is pattern for boy's drawers in the book The Workwoman's Guide (available at Google Books).  You will have to do some measuring and tweaking, and make a few test pieces to get the right size, but that might work for you.

Another option might be (and this has been suggested for men's drawers) to modify the trousers pattern.  I have no experience with children's clothing, so the more experienced can hopefully offer some ideas.

Allison van Vegten

"Procrastination is the thief of time. Collar him!" Charles Dickens

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish." J. R. R. Tolkien
Mrs Johnson
Frequent Scribbler

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »

thank you!  i was hoping to avoid drafting, lol.  i'm using devere for everything else and just wanted something easy. 

why are there so few patterns for older boys?  maybe i should work on that, lol.

~ Jennifer
Allison vV
Dedicated Scribbler

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »

I have thought of taking time (when I have extra  Cheesy) to figure out how to make a pattern for men's drawers that is a "draft to your own measure" like Mrs. Clark's is for ladies.

Maybe, someday Smiley.

Allison van Vegten

"Procrastination is the thief of time. Collar him!" Charles Dickens

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish." J. R. R. Tolkien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: